Hay varios casos de éxito en los que la automatización con herramientas de Inteligencia Artificial (IA) ha mejorado significativamente los procesos en la industria manufacturera, lo que ha llevado a un aumento en la productividad y eficiencia. Te presentamos 5 principales aplicaciones de éxito:
1. Predictive maintenance
Las herramientas de automatización inteligentes pueden utilizar datos de sensores y otras fuentes para predecir cuándo es probable que falle el equipo. Esto puede permitir a los fabricantes programar el mantenimiento y las reparaciones antes de que se produzcan los problemas, reduciendo el tiempo de inactividad y aumentando la eficiencia
Además, la automatización inteligente también puede ayudar a supervisar el rendimiento de los equipos e identificar patrones que puedan indicar problemas potenciales, mejorando aún más la precisión del mantenimiento predictivo. La supervisión en tiempo real puede ayudar a los fabricantes a evitar costosas averías, atendiendo a las máquinas antes de que el daño se haya intensificado. Esto ayuda a reducir las interrupciones y los tiempos de inactividad prolongados, y es más eficiente desde el punto de vista económico.
Bottom line: predictive maintenance is a successful application that has taken place in the manufacturing industry by:
- Predict upcoming failures
- Alert staff when checkups and maintenance are required
- Set and update scheduled tasks
2. Supply chain & Inventory management
Intelligent automation tools can use data and advanced algorithms to optimize various aspects of the supply chain. This can include automating the planning and scheduling of production, tracking inventory levels and forecasting demand, and optimizing logistics and transportation. Additionally, intelligent automation can also be used to improve visibility and traceability throughout the supply chain, allowing manufacturers to quickly identify and address any issues that may arise.
Bottom line: Managing supply chains, maintaining their visibility, ensuring the optimum amount of inventory, preventing stockouts and reducing waste is crucial for manufacturers to maintain a smooth operation. Using tools with intelligent automation technology can help manufacturers by:
- Standardize data across the supply chain by updating multiple ERP systems accurately
- Monitor shipping schedules and provide regular updates to relevant parties
- Enable end-to-end document automation by extracting data from different types of documents with an understanding of the context, updating internal systems, and notifying relevant staff
- Alerting staff when inventory levels are low
- Predicting the right amount of inventory
- Reordering items automatically
3. Order fulfillment
Intelligent automation tools can use data and advanced algorithms to optimize the process of fulfilling customer orders. This can include automating the process of receiving and processing orders, tracking inventory levels and allocating resources, and optimizing the scheduling and routing of shipments. Additionally, intelligent automation can also be used to improve the accuracy and speed of order fulfillment, reducing the chance of errors and delays. Furthermore, it can also help to improve customer service by providing real-time tracking and status updates on orders, and by automating the process of handling returns and exchanges.
Bottom line: Manually processing orders from the moment you receive them until when it’s delivered to a customer is a time-consuming and error-prone task. Intelligent automation tools can automate the order fulfillment process by:
- Identifying order emails
- Downloading attached files
- Extracting relevant data from the files
- Creating order in the ERP system with extracted data
- Communicating with customers about product availability and shipping options
4. Bill of materials (BOM)
Intelligent automation tools can assist manufacturers in creating and maintaining a bill of materials (BOM), a crucial document for production that outlines the materials, components, and assembly instructions needed to make a product. Human errors in BOM can lead to costly consequences such as product recalls, production delays, and damage to a company's reputation. These tools can help to minimize these risks by automating the process of creating BOMs and updating them as necessary, as well as providing real-time visibility and accurate data to improve efficiency and reduce costs.
Bottom line: The application of AI tools has been successful in the manufacturing industry to keep the bill of materials up to date, as it takes care of:
- Eliminate working with spreadsheets and papers to generate BOMs
- Standardize BOM request templates
- Extract data from different types of documents related to BOM creation
- Alerts the staff if there’s missing information in a BOM
5. Invoice processing
Intelligent automation tools can assist the manufacturing industry in invoice processing by using advanced data and algorithms to optimize the invoice management process. This can include automating invoice receipt and processing, information verification, and automatic payment generation. In addition, intelligent automation can also be used to improve invoice processing efficiency by eliminating manual tasks and reducing human error.
Bottom line: By using invoice automation, manufacturers can improve their invoice processing speed, as well as reduce the number of errors that occur. This can result in more timely payments to suppliers, which in turn can facilitate the timely delivery of intermediate products, resulting in a smoother production process by improving:
- The accuracy and consistency of invoice data.
- The level of errors and manual data entry
- Efficiency and productivity
- Cash flow and collection streamlining
- Tracking and visibility of invoice status and history
- Level of costs associated with manual invoicing processes
At Dost we remain committed to the efficiency of the resources invested in the invoicing process, as we know that there are still some companies that allocate resources for the manual transfer of invoice data to the ERP. However, by incorporating Dost in the invoicing process this step is done automatically generating savings in time and money.
For more information, you can contact Dost through our website, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
To contact the Dost team directly, you can send an email to Marta Bigorra, SDR in Dost: email@example.com